Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Little green man
    Participant

Now out in pre-order for April 2015

Cover A for GFT #109

Pencils by Qualano
    Inks by James Goodwin

I had a busy December 2014 doing two covers for Zenescope instead of the usual one. I’m especially chuffed with the water in this one. That came out pretty good…

and cover C for GFT #109

Pencils by Alex Kotkin
    Inks by James Goodwin, with inks assist by his daughter Nicole Goodwin (aged 11. She did the solid blacks…)

I actually coloured this one twice. They gave it to me as only pencils so I did my best darkening them with the burn tool and sliders etc and set to it. It looked like ass and I told Ralph T at Zenescope as such (honest aren’t I..?) . He agreed, and instead of farming it off to someone else as I expected him to do, instead got James to quickly ink it up and had me do it again. At least doing it again allowed me to fix a bunch of other little things that I didn’t like from the first version though. (and I couldn’t even re-use my flats as James returned the inks at a different size and resolution to the pencils!) I got paid for it twice too! 🙂

I’m still not wild about the hair. I didn’t have the colour holds at first but was asked to add them after.

I have a wicked looking ‘Little Mermaid #4’ cover to show off next month with pencils by Peppe Cafaro!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.