New Trek TV series is coming back to (USA) TV!!!!!!….!

Homepage Forums Sevilian Watering Hole New Trek TV series is coming back to (USA) TV!!!!!!….!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Little green man
    Participant

http://io9.com/holy-crap-they-are-officially-making-a-new-star-trek-t-1740024705

So… what do you want to see in the new series…? How do you think they should play it out?

Doctor Jonas
    Participant

This is something to come back here and talk about…

I don’t expect anything, really. They barely gave any details and in my view they’re going with something that targets a younger audience, now that we know the series will come via streaming service.

On Kurtzman and Orci, we have their involvement with Fringe; not exactly an action-packed series so we know they can produce slow-paced drama. That could be a good thing to keep in mind.

Little green man
    Participant

Clearly the rest of the sevilians are underwhelmed…

Have we truly grown this old and distracted by our busy lives?

NovaFlash
    Keymaster

Yes.

AdmiralMemo
    Participant

Discovery seems interesting, but I’m hating the monetization scheme. Broadcast TV and syndication worked before. It should work now. I’m not paying for CBS All Access for one show. (And no, I’m not watching anything else on it, because I’ve got too much eating at my life right now already.)

The show itself seems decent at least. Not bad, not great.

NovaFlash
    Keymaster

The Orville is more like star trek than discovery, while not being trek 😀

Little green man
    Participant

We don’t get either here in Australia as far as I know. They might be on Paytv like Foxtel but I don’t have that…

The best I can hope for is that they come out on DVD at some stage.

We’ll probably get them on free to air tv eventually in a few years time.

AdmiralMemo
    Participant

So, a few years in… Discovery has been pretty OK. I have some SERIOUS gripes about it, but on the whole, it’s been pretty good.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.