Happy new year

Homepage Forums Sevilian Watering Hole Happy new year

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    NovaFlash
    Keymaster

Woot

Little green man
    Participant

Urrgggghhh… Had a party here at my house. For once, since al I had to do was crawl upstairs, and not even that if I don’t want to because we have a big couch in the lounge, I didn’t have to watch how much I drink…

Will someone turn down the lights? This page is far too bright and…. White… And stuff..

*puts on sunglasses*

Miguel
    Keymaster

Whereas here in the UK we’ve not even gone to bed yet! Happy new year sans hangover (so far)!

EofS
    Keymaster

*Tee-total and smug*

We stuck to our usual New Year’s Eve tradition and did a 1000 piece jigsaw.

Oh yeah. Don’t you all wish you’d been the Sevilian I fell in love with. The fun doesn’t stop at the Wizzard household!

NovaFlash
    Keymaster

Holy shit, E, I totally missed the boat there!

EofS
    Keymaster

That’s ok, it’s daily from Europoort. Just let me know when you’re coming and we can pick you up – we can practically see the ferry from our house. (If we walk down the end of the road, we can see it. And we often hear it blast its horn before it leaves.)

(I wonder if I would be EofDummy or EofFlash… The latter is a bit too easy to miss-parse.)

NovaFlash
    Keymaster

I might take you up on that.

Regarding the name thing – probably OvaFlash.

Participant

OvaFlash? Don’t over-egg the pudding there, friend! What? Is there no womb for bad puns here?! 😀

AdmiralMemo
    Participant

New Year’s here was watching “The Interview” then watching the local fireworks on TV for about 10 minutes, then going to sleep.

NovaFlash
    Keymaster

Oh, 247, uterus a new one with that pun.

Participant

Haha! Got womb for another one?

NovaFlash
    Keymaster

Enough with these horrible puns, period! 😛

Participant

Oh great – what a way to sTampon my pun making prowess 🙁

NovaFlash
    Keymaster

You labor really hard on those, don’t you?

EofS
    Keymaster

If I didn’t know better, I’d think you were just spamming to pad your post count.

Participant

“pad” haha!

I just want to string you all along…….

Leander
    Participant

*sigh*

For some reason the name “iPad” is suddenly giving me some disturbing mental images. Hope it will go away, but for now the device is stained. [/bad puns]

Participant

“[/badpuns]”
    Have you thrown in the towel then?
    [mode keep them going]

Leander
    Participant

Oh my, i think we have a flood. Everyone think of the children and all will be well.

Participant

Actually I think we might have stemmed the flow here – maybe these things come around in cycles? I’m guessing every four weeks or so……..

EofS
    Keymaster

I’m surprised all you guys are happily talking about this – I thought it was men’s true hate.

Leander
    Participant

Oh, it’s still a hateful subject. Just like shopping, lipstick marks on a beer glass, overuse of perfume, people who studied “communication” but who don’t communicate, “experts” on tv who repeatedly tell the same things over and over that I could easily have thought of myself, journalists/talk show hosts that claim to be impartial but overly express their opinion about a subject, “headaches”, “talent” shows, cats, films on tv with commercial breaks at least every fifteen minutes, “smart” phones that are more important for cyclists than for them to actually pay attention to traffic, etc.

Eh, on second thought perhaps some hates are more personal than stereotypical. And perhaps not all are for one gender or the other.

“Yes, I will start taking my pills again tomorrow. Wheeee!” 😛

Participant

Leave cats alone, trumpet-boy…………..

EofS
    Keymaster

It was intended as a pun rather than an actual attempt to generalise on the feelings of all men…

Participant

I got it, Emma. Very good. Bloody brilliant in fact!

Leander
    Participant

Don’t worry, I’ll leave cats alone. Unfortunately they often seem to “like” me. 😉
    And it’s a trombone. 😉

Oh and yay for brilliant people. Four brain cells does have its limits sometimes in getting the poing.
    (Would type more, but we’re having a little sad moment in the family now that I won’t elaborate on. And I also don’t want to steal the thread.)

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.