Adware question about Sevspace (probably for Dummy?)

Homepage Forums Sevilian Watering Hole Adware question about Sevspace (probably for Dummy?)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Leander
    Participant

(And sorry if this is supposed to go in the Spam Bot topic thingie line whatitcalled thingie)

Did anyone else encounter some spam/adware-ish annoyances on the Sevspace forums? When opening the site on my (probably by now very) ancient iPad, the first link I click on the site results in a new tab being opened with some advertising rubbish. I found it strange at first that I didn’t get that on my regular (also ancient I suppose) puter thingie, but then I realized that it’s probably being blocked by the adblock extension.

From what I could see in the adblock info stuff, it’s some kind of script that is being attempted to run at “http://clktag.com/adServe/banners?tid=SWTMPOP&tagid=2”. (Or well, adblock calls that an “item”, apparently. Oh wait, it calls everything an item.)

Is it possible to fix that? Could it be something embedded in the WordPress theme that’s used on sevspace.com?

If it can’t be fixed, then I’ll probably just go Meh and cry in a corner. Uh I mean, then I’ll probably try to live with it. But I thought I’d better mention it, just in case.

NovaFlash
    Keymaster

It does look like it’s been infected with something, I’ll go and clean it up.

NovaFlash
    Keymaster

I fixed it. It turned out to be the captcha plugin. That damned thing randomly injected ads. It’s gone now.

Leander
    Participant

Yay, thank you! 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.